The HSE Alumni Academic Fellowship is a new programme aimed at reinforcing cooperation and communication among academically successful HSE graduates and the University’s community at large.
HSE is very proud of its academic graduates and is interested in working with them in various formats. In order to stimulate this kind of cooperation, we are announcing a competition to receive funding for visits of academic graduates to HSE so that they may conduct lectures and workshops, as well as participate in the HSE International Advisory Committee. Furthermore, visiting alumni will have the opportunity to work with a research assistant to carry out research and prepare joint publications.
Our cooperation with graduates and alumni is not limited to the HSE Alumni Academic Fellowship programme. If you are an HSE graduate and would like to speak about your research and academic work, find partners for joint projects, or just want to communicate with your alma-matter, please contact Artem Kamaev (email@example.com), Project Coordinator, and we’ll try and find a suitable form for cooperation.
This competition is intended for HSE graduates, either working at leading international universities or studying in postgraduate programmes at such institutions (for at least three years). Applicants are asked to complete a form themselves or via an HSE department, and then forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org, in accordance with the Regulations.
- must hold a university degree (undergraduate, specialist’s or Master’s) from HSE;
- must be working in a teaching or research position at a leading international university or research institution (for graduates who are not studying at the moment of their application);
- must have been studying at the time of the application for at least three full years as part of a doctoral programme at a leading international university or research institution (for graduates who are studying at the moment of their application).
In 2017, applications are being accepted through September 17. Priority consideration will be given to applications from graduates whose visits fall on the dates of the sessions of the HSE International Advisory Committee (December 5 and 6, 2017). A group of graduates will likely participate in several IAC sessions and comment on HSE’s development strategy.
Applications will be considered by the HSE Short Visit Support Committee. The committee’s criteria are listed below:
1. the graduate’s high academic potential (published papers, presentations at conferences, participation in research projects etc);
2. the high status of the university (research institution) and/or the department where the graduate works or studies;
3. prospects for establishing or developing an institutional partnership with the university (research institution) where the graduate works or studies;
4. opportunities for co-funding by the inviting HSE department, or the graduate themselves.
Funding for the graduate’s visit may include the following costs:
- airline tickets (economy class) and railway tickets (compartment carriages);
- accommodation – as a rule, at the HSE Professors’ Guesthouse (if the visit is in Moscow); accommodation in other hotels (not more than three-star) is possible as per the Committee’s decision;
- internal transfers (taxi airport – hotel – airport; hotel – university);
- payment to a research assistant to work jointly on a research project with the graduate, selected from HSE’s staff or students;
- fee for the graduate, including insurance contributions (if necessary);
- invitation and visa costs (if necessary).
Per diem allowances, medical insurance, and other costs related to the graduate’s visit to HSE shall not be reimbursed.
If you have any questions regarding the HSE Alumni Academic Fellowship Competition and the application process, please contact Artem Kamaev at: email@example.com.