How to recover a lost diploma?
1. If you lose your diploma of higher education, the first thing you need to do is contact the police. There, you will be issued a notification, stating that you have declared that your diploma is missing and it has not been found after a search.
2. With this notification and your passport, contact the faculty where you studied at HSE University and submit a request for the issuance of a duplicate of the diploma, addressed to the Rector. Please specify the period of your studies at the University, year of graduation, faculty, and specialization.
3. Persons who have changed their name (surname, patronymic/middle name) may transfer their diploma to a document with the new name (surname, patronymic/middle name). This must be approved by the Rector, on the basis of an application from the person who has changed his/ her name (last name, patronymic/middle name). Documents confirming a name change (surname, patronymic/middle name) should be attached to the application.
4. Duplicates of state-issued documents of higher professional education (diplomas and supplement thereto) can be issued to replace lost documents.
- If, for some reason, it is impossible to fill out a diploma supplement, then a duplicate diploma will be issued without an attachment.
- If you have lost a diploma supplement issued after July 22, 1996, a duplicate of the supplement can be issued in return, upon which the number and registration number of the preserved diploma will be affixed. If only a diploma issued after July 22, 1996 has been lost, a duplicate of the diploma and a duplicate of the annex shall be issued, while the preserved original of the diploma supplement will removed and destroyed as per standard procedure.
- In case a diploma and its annex issued before July 22, 1996 has been lost, a duplicate of the diploma and its annex shall be issued on new forms. If you have only lost the diploma supplement issued before July 22, 1996, instead of the duplicate diploma supplement, an extract from the study curriculum will issued, as per which the student graduated, indicating the subjects studied and the period of study.
- Diplomas issued before July 22, 1996 cannot be replaced for new type diplomas (except for diplomas of persons who have changed their name (surname, patronymic/middle name)).
5. State-issued documents on higher professional education may be granted personally to the owner or another person certified with proper power of attorney, which is stored in the personal file of the graduate.
6. The reissue of a diploma of higher education usually takes about two weeks. Please note that, during the summer, this procedure can take up to a month.
7. We recommend that you keep your diploma in a secure place!
Certification of copies of documents (certificates, diplomas, extracts, certificates, etc.) must be done through the relevant faculty.
HSE University graduates can order these documents through the study office at their faculty.
On issuing the European Supplement to graduate diplomas of the Higher School of Economics (HSE) dated prior to 2011
Starting October 1, 2013, graduates of the Higher School of Economics (HSE) who studied full-time at HSE and completed their studies before 2011 (not as part of continuing professional education programmes) can receive the European Diploma Supplement.